Thursday, May 9, 2013

Lost and Found


      Do you go out of your way to be nice for your partner or a friend? Do they do the same for you?

If you give, while your partner only takes, no matter how compromising or caring you are, you can’t hold on to that happiness forever. And that’s where self respect comes into the picture.

YES I did lose my self respect, and I know there are lots of people reading this that has gone through the same. It’s easy to talk about self respect, self esteem and all such words but when it comes to reality that’s where the other side of you comes into the picture.

The other side of me... I never had a boyfriend till high school, it’s not this that I was desperate but yes I wanted ones attention So whatever I could I did to get it , I partied , I had days when I did not remember a thing, everyone just loved my company. I didn't care if it was good or bad. ALL I wanted was attention and damn I did achieve it. I enjoyed it, in fact I loved it. But somewhere along that fun line, I started to lose my self respect.  I started dating a popular guy; I did everything possible to make him happy. I had spent a lot of my father’s money trying to please him and make him happy and mind you I did that for four years. In the end when I didn't have much to give him.  I was cheated… It broke me completely but a lesson well learnt in my life.

I had an option and I chose to be with him. I am not saying this that I regret of my decision to be with him; in fact I have had beautiful memories with him which I will always cherish. What I am trying to bring out is something that I learnt in these four years of my life. Today I have learnt to respect myself. I know this, now if I can give love and affection to someone then I can command the same from him too. Now I look at myself in a way that I never did before. Today I am more confident and strong. I have my own identity now. AND I LOVE MY LIFE. :)

Loving yourself is the basic of self-respect. If you bend over backwards for your partner, but deep down inside, you know they’d never do the same for you, it shows that you don’t respect yourself when it comes to your partner because you’re letting them use you.

Here's an unavoidable truth: We are going to screw up. Everyone, including successful people — makes boatloads of mistakes. The key to success is, as everyone knows, to learn from those mistakes and keep moving forward. We talk about losing self respect like it’s a permanent state. If that were so, there would be no comebacks.
Today I can proudly say this…
I would rather be alone with dignity than in a relationship that requires me to sacrifice my self respect”.


-xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment